Miami begins their 2020 campaign on the road against the Philadelphia Phillies for what will be a three-game series at Citizens Bank Park. Following the series, the club returns to Miami for a two-game homestand against the Baltimore Orioles, with the home opener scheduled for Monday, July 27 at 7:10 p.m.
Overall, the Marlins will play 10 games against each National League East opponent during the 2020 season, and 20 games against teams from the American League East. The move was done in an effort to help reduce the amount of travel amid the pandemic.
The Marlins will conclude their season with a seven-game road trip, first against the Atlanta Braves (Sept. 21–24), followed by the New York Yankees (Sept. 25–27). Miami’s final homestand has Miami hosting the Phillies (Sept. 10–13), Boston Red Sox (Sept. 14–16), and Washington Nationals (18–20).
Miami’s schedule is as follows:
- July 24th-26th: at Philadelphia Phillies
- July 27th-28th: vs. Baltimore Orioles
- July 29th-30th: at Baltimore Orioles
- July 31st-August 2nd: vs. Washington Nationals
- August 4th-6th: vs. Philadelphia Phillies
- August 7th-9th: at New York Mets
- August 11th-12th: at Toronto Blue Jays
- August 14th-16th: vs. Atlanta Braves
- August 17th-20th: vs. New York Mets
- August 21st-24th: at Washington Nationals
- August 25th-27th: at New York Mets
- August 28th-30th: vs. Tampa Bay Rays
- September 1st-2nd: vs. Toronto Blue Jays
- September 4th-6th: at Tampa Bay Rays
- September 7th-9th: at Atlanta Braves
- September 10th-13th: vs. Philadelphia Phillies
- September 14th-16th: vs. Boston Red Sox
- September 18th-20th: vs. Washington Nationals
- September 21st-24th: at Atlanta Braves
- September 25th-27th: at New York Yankees
The announcement of the MLB schedule brings light to the club’s ongoing situation. The Marlins had four players on their 60-man roster pool test positive for COVID-19 on July 4.